Monday, August 10, 2009

Despite my Enthusiastic Optimism 'Defying Gravity' ratings Decline. 'Shark Tank' & 'Neighborhood' Open to Dissapointing Numbers


URGGGh.. I was so hoping against hope that 'Defying Gravity' would have picked up some steam and some viewers this past weekend. Unfortunately it has dropped to an average 2.9M viewers. I'm wondering if ABC will even let this show air all the episodes it had filmed. Bummer.. really.. I enjoy it.

I watched 'There Goes the Neighborhood' last night. I have to say.. not really a fan. It's almost like a want to be 'Big Brother' without the real coolness factor. But, more importantly, I found it to be somewhat of a cruel social experiment. I mean these people have to live next door to each other when all is said and done. It's one thing to put total strangers together in situations like that, but completely different when they know each other AND have to live next to each other for a long time to come. It opened at 4.4M. Heck, that is stronger than 'Gravity' was and 'Gravity' is far more entertaining, in my opinion.

'Shark Tank' however was very interesting. I , and my hubby, were very intrigued. It reminded me a little of the other show , I believe it was called 'America's Greatest Inventor' that was on for two summer seasons (notice it is missing this year, along with 'Last Comic Standing') with a little of a Celebrity Apprentice feel. It was really cool to see Barbara Corcoran on there. She is a legend in Manhattan Real Estate, one I heard lots about in my days of NYC Real Estate. The show opened at 4.17M viewers. To put that in perspective for Summer TV.. it is approx 1/2 the viewership of bonafide summer hit 'Big Brother'.

Speaking of 'Big Brother' this week should prove to be the most exciting week so far in the house now that Jeff has the "secret power"! Ithink I know how it's going to go down and watching the fireworks will prove to be fun! I'm hoping that Jeff wins this show. He's my favorite. I predict he will take down Lydia and Russel.. or at least Russel. I think Jessie is definitely going up.. AND going home. Apparently, according to the feeds news, he's been putting out feelers on who would you vote off if Natalie and Jessie were up. Here's hoping that Jessie goes home this week. Natalie is weak without him and the Jeff and Russell alliance will be solidified. Those two will most likely go to the end (unless of course he has to chose between Jordan and Russell).


0 comments: