Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SYTYCD Finale Tonight, NBC Preview Special, Paula is Leaving 'Idol'


Before I begin tonight, just a little update on the new site. I'm still working out the kinks with Wordpress. It is far more complicated than I imagined, but then I think in the end it will be worth it.

'So You Think You Can Dance' is on tonight and the final four take the stage. Actually , I'm watching it now as I type! Very cool. Can't believe it's August already. I know I'm about to get really busy with this blog when the fall TV season starts this year! Can't believe how quickly the summer goes by.

Speaking of the end of summer and the beginning of the fall season, keep an eye out for NBC's special that previews the upcoming Fall Season that will, of course, highlight the new shows like 'Trauma' and 'Community' and will give us a peek at returning shows like 'Southland' , 'The Biggest Loser' and many more.

Speaking of 'Southland'.. please be sure to watch it. If you want to catch up NBC is airing the shows from its short first season in it's fall Friday night time slight. It's a great show that wasn't getting the ratings they had hoped for and it got pushed to Friday nights from Thursday (it originally took the ER slot left open after the series finale). As you remember from my blog about Friday nights.. it could spell death. To lose another great show like this would ..well suck!

Paula Abdul has decided to not continue on Idol. Apparently she turned down a 30% raise. WHAT!!! Is she smoking something? Paula..dear... before American Idol you had disappeared into obscurity. You are now once again on the radar and in American households BECAUSE of American Idol. You're offered a 30% raise in a ..well poopy economy.. one in which many would actually be happy to be employed.. never mind the raise.. and you turn it down!! Oh man.. it could be career suicide . Shame I did like Paula. I do like DioGuardi though. I felt she is much better judge than Paula. With Paula, though, the fun was wondering what weird thing she'd say next. She did always look like she was drunk. BTW DioGuardi is returning.

So, everyone .. brace yourselves for the new season. I'm curious as to what shows will last and which will not! I'll, of course, share my opinions right here on my blog as well as keep you informed with how each is being received by the public in ratings. We all know, no matter how good a show is, if it's not getting the ratings the network is looking for then the show is doomed.

Ah.. FYI.. despite reminding my readers to set their DVR on my last blog for the premier of 'Defying Gravity' I forgot to do it for myself. I'm now kicking myself. In my defense I've been very busy as of late with new projects (hey..I do do other things besides watch TV.. I swear!). When I realized today, after looking at my blog, that I completely spaced on it I went to look at the ratings. Folks, it's not good. It averaged only a 3.84M viewers! EEK!! Whether it is deserving of such low ratings in my eyes remains to be seen, as I have not watched the Pilot and first episode (both aired the opening night) however, I am going to watch it online at ABC's website. Once I do, I'll add my two cents!

Oh.. and one more thing. I've become an affiliate of WB of sorts and recieved my first free DVD to screen and blog about. I am late on doing that though, as they sent it to me while I was on vacation and have not had the chance to watch, but I will and will also let you and them know my thoughts. This stuff is pretty fun. I wonder how long it will take before I actually get to watch pilots before everyone else!! NOW THAT would be cool!


0 comments: